Saturday 16 January 2010

Free Stuff Rocks...

I've been tagged by the awesome Abbi of Edwina Simone to list 10 of my favourite free things! You can see what her 10 things were here, some very good answers that I would have to agree with. But what are mine....?

1.. cuddles! You cannae beat a good cuddle, its one of the best things, ever!

2.. Frosty sunny days. I know the weathers been a bit horrendous lately but I really do love wintery weather, especially if it means its cold and crisp with a lovely clear sky. Added bonus if theres snow!

3.. Rummaging through my bead collection. Technically I did need to buy most of the beads in the first place (or steal them or get them donated by lovely friends or inherit them from family) but I love just pouring them all into a tray or big box and literally just rummaging through, mixing them up, finding things I forgot I had or coming up with ideas for new jewellery - very relaxing!

4.. having a nap! Either curled up on the sofa or hiding under my downie, I seem to nap a lot these days!

5.. getting a bag of clothes/jewellery/random stuff given to me! My friends are awesome and I've been given quite a lot of stuff to use in the shop. Clothes that can be chopped up, broken or unwanted jewellery, bits of ribbon or bags of beads or the odd buttons you get inside clothes... Loads of awesome free stuff that I LOVE rummaging through and magpie-ing!

6.. clean hair. I've been trying to stick to a new beauty routine type thing.. basically using less nasty alcohol based products and more essential oil-based ones, and also washing my hair less.. ideally once a week. I used to wash it every day and its bad for your hair, plus it meant my colour would fade faster. I can usually get to about 5 or 6 days before I go crazy and wash it, but I'm trying to get that down to once a week. But it means the best feeling is the day I do finally wash my hair, it feels and smells amazing! I use this awesome Lush conditioner and it makes my hair so lovely and shiny and yummy-smelling :)

7.. flowers. Whether they're outside or in the house, I love flowers and they just instantly make you feel sunny and smiley. I wish we had a garden at this flat, it would be lovely to be able to have a wee flowery garden.... maybe in the next place we live.

8.. laughing. The kind of laughter where you almost pee a little and just can't stop giggling and smiling! Its usually with friends or the boy or watching something awesome or listening to a Richard Herring or Josie Long or Robin Ince podcast. And then if you remember it later on and randomly laugh out loud and people think you're a weirdo hehehe :)

9.. the boy calling me silly petnames. Like angelpie or babyface or c*ntoid (it is in a loving way I promise!) or babydoll or Sahface... hehe I don't know what it is but anytime he calls me any of these or others it just makes me smile all the way down to my tummy, I love it! (And I call him c*ntoid too, don't worry! I've probably pissed off a lot of feminists now... ah well)

And finally, 10.. a clear starry night sky. I LOVE it when you can see the stars at night. It doesn't happen often now that I've moved to Glasgow, but back home in Middle-of-the-countryside-ville you could see them at night and it just makes you feel so tiny and awestruck and smiley at the same time!

So, I'm gonna tag Sophie of Trinket Box and Suzy of Suzy Loves. Both lovely ladies who make gorgeous things, go check them out! I also tag anyone who wants to do this, just let me know or link back to me if you do! :) xx

1 comment:

  1. Some great favourite free things! Definitely agree on the cuddles :) Your boyfriend calls you c*ntoid? Haha well you haven't pissed me off with that, I think it's funny!
    Thanks so much for tagging me in this - gonna have to get my thinking cap on :) xx

    ReplyDelete